BELGRADE, 27.04.2018. – The new national media strategy could be drawn up by the end of the year, Culture and Information Ministry official Aleksandar Gajovic said on Thursday.
Gajovic, a state secretary in the ministry, told the Beta news agency that he expects the new draft to be an improvement on what the now disbanded working group did. “I am not dissatisfied with this strategy or working group but everything can be better,” he said.
“The new national media strategy can realistically be expected by the end of the year and then Serbia will get a better opinion from the European Commission than the latest view which is a little worrying,” he said.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic and Prime Minister Ana Brnabic decided last week to stop work on the strategy because representatives of the two major organizations of journalists walked out after disagreements over some its parts. Brnabic said they decided to appoint the president’s media advisor Suzana Vasiljevic to lead the new effort to draft the strategy while Vucic called for more openness in the process and invited the OSCE to join in.
N1/Beta, Belgrade, 27/04/2018